FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status
Old May 13, 2018, 1:13 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by yyznomad
+1,000,000! (exclamation mark, but factorial works too)

I don't know about the rest of you here, but all 1,725 of my SPG nights were all my own buttcheeks in my own booked room's bed.
Put aside that cc nights had value to Marriott, maybe even more value than BIB nights, this nonsense about BIB nights is being generated primarily by one poster, or in response to his nonsense posts. As ridiculous as it is to SPG members that anyone would think they got a majority of their nights from the three-for-one credits is how ridiculous the childish line that most Marriott members got theirs from cc nights. One poster peddles a misperception than most Marriott nights were not earned, which does not make it true for most Marriott members. Most of us got better deals from other cards used and were too busy staying in hotels to sit at home creating manufactured spend.

The posts where a single poster brags about his superiority because he qualified under SPG rules, but he still does not have enough points for a combined LTPP, remind me of the middle aged man driving a Lamborghini. We can all see there is some sort of compensation going on, but in the case of qualifying for status at the hotel, it's not clear why anyone would brag about his qualification for a hotel loyalty program. Obviously there is a misguided need to feel superior, which is likely to compensate for another inadequacy, and it must be especially hard when on the first announcement SPG members were treated as lessors on the LTPP qualification - since rightfully corrected - but bragging about his qualification for hotel loyalty status is just odd. What a strange thing to fixate on; something that just does not matter.

Please, please, please... the rest of us: stop feeding that argument. Ignore it. It's meaningless. Hopefully the one or maybe two posters bragging about this will just go away and the rest of us can discuss legitimate questions in the wake of this big change. How anyone got status is irrelevant and means nothing about anyone's worth.

FWIW I've got more than double the nights needed for LTPP under the old Marriott rules and only a small handful were from cc or rollover or points redemption, both of which were relatively new ways to earn points. My BIB far exceed the number needed for LTPP so unlike the person pushing the nonsense I am not scrambling to get more nights for LTPP. And from what I see on Insiders and FT I am typical of Marriott LTPs who have stayed in hotels for the majority of our nights credit.

Last edited by CJKatl; May 13, 2018 at 1:20 pm