FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status
Old May 13, 2018, 11:14 am
Travelosopher

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
LOL that is a joke, come on - you're insinuating the average SPG LT Plat w/750+ nights only spend 250 of that in bed personally? GMAB.

Not sure why you're so bitter about the general acknowledgement that it's easier to rack up non-BiB nights w/Marriott than SPG. SPG benefit only started 6 years ago. I have taken advantage of it when I can w/co-workers and family/friends, but even then that only accounts for 50 of my 800+ LT nights.
Agree! Only a handful of my nights have come from that relatively new rule. I’ve been an SPG member since 1999 (Westin before that) and a leisure traveler paying for ALL of my own nights. I love to travel, and have loved staying at Starwood properties & enjoying my elite benefits and upgrades, but my travel has mostly been with my spouse - sometimes solo travel, sometimes with a friend or a family member. Rarely have I had the occasion to need to book multiple rooms. And when I’ve done so on those rare occasions, the money to pay for those rooms has come right out of my own pocket.