FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2018 HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance
Old May 13, 18, 7:53 am
JJeffrey

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer View Post
If I expand destination choice to ANYWHERE in Europe except Madrid & Portugal,
but require cheapest busn rate, low taxes-surcharges, no overnight connections,
is there way to collectively search MIA-Europe-MIA busn June 2 wks other than city by city...?
I may need booking service help...? Pay 2x $125 to save much more via "taxes-surcharges avoidance" !!!
For an award to Europe, AA and all of it's major partners that serve Europe are easily searchable at aa.com. Searching city by city is the only way, however AA's network in Europe is not that extensive so this really is not that difficult. It seems silly to pay for an award service for something you can easily do yourself. To avoid high taxes and fees, just avoid using BA for the longhaul flight to or from LHR.

Again, I looked at aa.com for maybe 3 or 4 mins this morning and found 2 sAAver business seats on May 30 MIA-DFW-LHR and the return 2 weeks later MAD-JFK-MIA. There is also space the next day LHR-MAD-BCN. You can put the MIA-DFW-LHR on hold at aa.com, then call AA to add the LHR-MAD-BCN to the same award. So for the outbound you would have MIA-DFW-LHR-MAD-BCN for 57.5k miles and around $75 in taxes/fees per person.

Keep in mind you're looking for not one, but 2 business seats, to an extremely popular destination, in peak season, booking only around a month before. Expecting the "perfect" award itinerary with minimal travel time or connections is just not realistic.