FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Copenhagen Alternatives - Questions
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2018, 5:33 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by miles4sheli
Thanks ralfkrippner and GUWonder, for your replies. Yes, I'm coming from the U.S. If I can't fly all the way on AAdvantage miles, I would at least like to use them to get to Europe and then perhaps do one of the 2 alternatives I listed, paying for either a short haul flight or train ticket, those carriers wouldn't matter. I would like some input on which alternate city is best to fly into and then connect to Copenhagen by either option.

THANKS!
Gothenburg or Hamburg is what I would consider if push came to shove and stuck with wanting to use AA miles in conjunction with rail. But then you’re pretty much left with the hassle of trying to avoid BA flights as much as possible and having trouble finding award availability for Spain-CPH/GOT/HAM. Finnair TATL award availability is often poor and if it works, don’t expect much luck of having a convenient connection using miles to get to/from CPH on AY.

Star Alliance points/miles are the way to go if you can get them. Then if you can get AA into anywhere AA flies in Europe, you have decent options to fly using miles to fly a European Star Alliance carrier infra-Europe.