FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018
Old May 12, 2018, 11:04 am
bobby21

Originally Posted by jimbous
Read the Wiki.

22. I was following the timing rules but got denied for Multiple Applications for Credit. Why??
Multiple Applications for Credit normally means that you violated one of Citi's application timing rules, like applying for more than two cards in 60 days. Because Citi has trouble counting, applications have been denied in the past if they were too close to 60/90 days. However, starting in August 2016, people have been somewhat randomly getting this denial when applying well outside of the 60/90-day range. CSRs frequently say that you can only apply for a single card in a 60-day period but this is not the case and people who have gotten this denial have gone on to successfully apply for 2 cards in 60 days or less.

You can try to request reconsideration or apply again as if the denial was an approval. You do not have to wait 60+ days from the denial to apply again.
Here is my record

3/5 - approved
3/15 - approved
5/6 - MAC denial; CSR said this app will count for 60 day limit
5/16 - should I apply for the next one? it is >60 days from the 3/15 approval. Has anyone got MAC denial and then gone on to get approved in <60 days from the MAC denial?