FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SLS at Beverly Hills, CA [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2018, 12:56 pm
DrRodneyMcKay

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
Well, I stayed here on Friday (May 4th) and had a relatively nice experience. Doorman/bellman/valet opened the door for me as I drove up in the Lyft, took my bags inside, checked me in promptly, etc. I'd emailed previously asking for a room on the quiet side due to being noise sensitive, and they accommodated that - I faced away from La Cienega. Room was excellent - obviously it's pre-renovation, so this review won't be useful for much longer, but I had no issues. I thought there was plenty of lighting. Very comfortable bed, the shower actually had a door that closes instead of one of those half-open things hotels like to do, and I rather liked the layout. They also have a house car that can take you anywhere within three miles of the hotel, though it's first come, first serve - they drove me to the car rental place about a mile away after I checked out.

Didn't get a chance to try the restaurant(s), as I was too tired for a fancy sit-down meal, but there's also a lot of quicker places in the area: in addition to the Beverly Center, there's also the Beverly Connection, which has places like CVS, Starbucks, etc if you need anything.

Only hiccup was the lack of coffee maker: I called down for one, and it took them about 15 minutes to bring it up. Then it turned out they'd brought up only decaf pods, so I had to call again, and they didn't actually bring up the caffeinated ones before I had to check out. They e-mailed me afterwards to apologize for this, which was nice, but for a hotel at this price point, I'd expect not to wait half an hour for coffee.

They'd also warned me there would be renovation noise, but I didn't hear any. I was staying Fri-Sat, and they do work on Saturdays on the renovations. Perhaps I slept through it, but they also mentioned they put me in a room as far away from the renovation noise as possible.