FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Skipping Segment, Hidden City / Point Beyond / Throw Away Ticketing (master thd)
Old May 11, 2018, 10:48 am
sbrower
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by security6
Thanks to all for the replies.

We actually live in Columbia, but wife is worried about the 15 year old making the connection in Charlotte so wife wants to drive to Charlotte to pick up. I think I have enough ammo about how easy connections are in Charlotte that I can convince wife to let 15 year old make the connection in Charlotte. That will save us money (cheaper fare) and time (no driving to Charlotte).

It is nice to know that the bag would to go Columbia anyway. In case 15 year old were to mess up connection, we could easily drive to pick up a bored 15 year old in Charlotte and then get the bag later in Columbia.
People need to make decisions based on their knowledge of the individual traveler. Lots of people who are 10 can make a connection without assistance, and some people who are 45 can't. Did UM even exist when we were kids? I took the train alone when I was 11 and flew alone when I was 12, and I am sure that many people here were much younger when they traveled solo.