FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status
Old May 11, 2018, 7:45 am
rny321

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Many of Marriott's responses to questions about lifetime status seem to provide a definitive answer to what status each of us will have until they mention the new program. Yesterday, I asked a Marriott representative the "lifetime status question" and was assured that I would be LTPP based on MR points and combined stays, which sounded great until the new program was mentioned.

Since I have already qualified for LTG (future LTP), where I spend and stay for the balance of this year will be a function of whether or not that activity would qualify me for a higher status level. Over the course of rephrasing the same question, I was eventually told unequivocally that I would be LTPP based on 2MM Marriott points and a combined 750 plus nights. The rep happily agreed to add notes in my account stating that I would qualify for LTPP. I am not convinced that Marriott would willingly honor an inaccurate answer, even if it was the reason for my decision to move spending to Marriott, but I felt better having notes added about future status.

Last edited by rny321; May 11, 2018 at 7:57 am