FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old May 10, 2018, 11:40 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by EC Traveler
I am NOT chasing LTPP because I simply do not have enough nights. However ... I am chasing LTP as easily as possible. I believe I am asking same question but for my specific circumstance.

I have 8 years of SPG Platinum. I will requalify this year, by end of 2018 so I will have 9 years SPG Platinum earned, primarily via the Stays, not Nights each year. The fact that starting in 2019 I will need 50 combined nights (no stay option) makes this relevant because after this year, I will have to work "harder" to requalify my 10th and final Platinum year since I will need 50 nights, not 25 stays.

SO ...
1. How do I find out if I have just one year of Marriott status from years past that would count as 1 year of status? I may have had that years ago, but not sure.
2. Did we decide if I do have 1 year of MR Gold status (for example in 2008), would that count in my circumstance as a 10th year for the purposes of counting in the new Elite program ... and after that all I will need to do is get to 600 stays in 2019 to be LTP? I have 540 lifetime combined nights right now, will have 565 - 570 by end of the year.

As you can see - LTPP is just not attainable, but if I can somehow find out if I will need to qualify this year, plus one more for Platinum it would be helpful. Maybe I will get lucky and see that I have 2 years of Marriott earned status that counts and basically all I need to get LTP is hitting 600 nights, not even another year.

Thoughts?
Thanks
EC T
Depending on some rules which IMO are currently ambiguous, I'm not at all convinced that LTPP is impossible for you if you were sufficiently determined/motivated to go for it.