FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oz Fest 15 Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 25-27, 2018
Old May 9, 2018, 6:30 pm
krazykanuck
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Efrem
I enjoyed a day trip to Moreton Island off Brisbane after an OzFest some years back. IIRC, KathyWdrf was on the same trip. I'm not sure that's a good enough reason to choose Brisbane over any alternatives you're thinking about - after all, that's enough time for Alice Springs and Uluru if you've never been (I know you weren't at OzFest 11 there, but you might have gone some other time) - but if you end up picking Brisbane, it's a good way to spend a day.
Thanks maybe I'll pop down to BNE for Sunday (since I'm getting to Sunshine Coast on Thursday).

Originally Posted by tom911
Do you have any AA miles? Travel within Australia is 10,000 miles one way, so you could pretty much head anywhere in the country to explore. If you've never been as far west as Perth, I'd be tempted to head out there for a few days and you could easily sort out day trips.

I've done a 3 day tour from Alice Springs that included Ayers Rock, but if you're flying right into Ayers Rock be aware that hotels will be expensive. Probably best to sort out ground options there before you lock in any air travel. I'm back in Brisbane on Sunday/Monday then in Sydney Tuesday/Wednesday.
Thanks. I'm actually seeing workable Y and some J availability for 10k/20k via AA, or Y via Avios. Maybe do BNE-PER in Y and then do their J transcon PER-SYD since it's a lieflat. I've never been to Perth/WA. I've only spent time on the east coast. Ayers Rock looks neat but time consuming to get to by plane.