FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH/OS Widebodies on regional routes
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2018, 9:27 am
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I checked all three dates you listed. I can select seats in rows 1 & 2 but only C or H which don’t exist in F. The only available seats in rows 1 & 2 are actually C and H. Other seats (A, D, G and K) are marked “occupied” but I suspect they are blocked. It makes me wonder if the system is only letting me choose the seats which only exist in C because they don’t know for certain if it will be a 3-class or 4-class aircraft operating the flight. If it’s 3-class I stay in 1C and there may be someone in 1A. If it’s 4-class they’ll move me to 1A since 1C does not exist. Does it make sense?

I also checked EF and all flights show a 4-class configuration but all seats in rows 1&2 are blocked.
Interesting. I don't actually see C or H at all, only "occupied" A, D, G and K. This is on desktop btw.

I also saw in EF these are marked as blocked, as opposed to occupied, so I thought they might be available to SEN upwards. Your theory makes sense as well, though in that case I would expect also the middle part to be open, so it might just as well be a glitch.

Well maybe someone will fly it and report the actual situation. The May dates didn't work out for me in the end, but I suppose a similar thing might happen in the future, and I'd just hate to take a flight like this for the F cabin specifically, only to end up with F cabin closed off. (It was bad enough I was kicked out off the upper deck on the 747 Berlin flight. At least I got to try out the nose, but still)

FWIW, the same situation seems to be true of the Rome flights.

Last edited by Fabo.sk; May 9, 2018 at 9:36 am