FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is China Eastern's customer service really this bad?
Old May 8, 2018, 9:10 am
Virginia Emery

Originally Posted by trips
Excuse me tentseller but I was responding to Dean1953 who didn't know what size battery and he said he always carried his nimh battery in his checked bags. I am not irresponsible as yo say as I fly in and out of China every year and the rules are the same as international standards of lithium batteries that batteries can not be more than 100-160 wh and must be carried in Carry On luggage. Lithium batteries in checked bags is Forbidden. Please Google "China Southern Airlines lithium batteries" and it even explains the calculation as I stated for mAh to wh standards. Or Google "China Aviation Authority lithium batteries" and read. It states the same as Thai Airways and the FAA. I would do research before accusations of irresponsibility on my part. An apology tentseller?
To Dean1945, Nimh batteries upon research are permitted in check bags but this type of battery can still heat up from over charging and catch catch fire and explode. They also look like lithium batteries so transfering through a Beijing Airport, they confiscated them. I refuse to transit through China at all cost but other airports can confiscate your nimh batteries also. Always carry any type of batteries in your carry on so your checked luggage is not held up and miss your connecting flight.
I've included the link way back in post #3, and somehow it warped... http://uk.ceair.com/en/content/infor...battery-safety

Kinda happy to hear that Chinese Airlines are actually stopping these types of threats