FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2018, 1:54 am
jh321

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ubiest
Without the specific dates, and access to the fare rules, the best advice is to read the fare rules on ITA (check outbound and inbound as they may be different).

You can get BA operated over the Atlantic in one of two ways

Disallowing codeshares
CPH
LHR ba PHL // -CODESHARE; bc=t
RSW

Specifying the operating carrier
CPH
LHR O:ba PHL // bc=t
RSW

In case two transfers are allowed in Europe by the fare rules, ensure both are on BA operated, to be able to upgrade both - best options to get two BA legs in Europe is a CPH to UK, then UK to London (I am unaware of flights from CPH to UK regions, other more experienced can let us know).

You can use ITA Matrix help you to find intermediary points
CPH
x o:ba LHR O:ba PHL // bc=t
RSW
Thank you so much ubiest. And sorry, I was trying to attach a screenshot but couldn't see how to do it...
I think I must be doing it wrong though as it's saying bad command.

eg disallowing codeshare example I put the whole string in the first box but got a list of results in economy only (it seemed to remove the bc=t part). Then I tried again and this time it moved the / -CODESHARE; bc=t into the second box...

I'm so sorry I'm obviously doing something wrong can you help? I think the screenshot is working this time... this is what ITA matrix did when I put the whole string in the first box... Thank you so much again!