FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EWR-CHS equipment upgrade??
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2018, 2:37 pm
Hipplewm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jsloan
It varies. You're looking good through the end of the month (although there's still one CHS-EWR daily flight on Express), and then Express service starts to creep back in, depending upon the route. ORD seems to have the most consistent mainline service.
That is the way it has been for the past year from ORD - typically they shortcycle the crew and they fly last flight of the day from ORD, go to hotel and same crew flies the 6am flight - flight and layover is short enough they don't time out. I asked and they way they are doing it now is the crew gets a 30off in CHS and takes the morning flight the next day, which I am sure is OK as long as they continue the daily service.

I knew there was one or 2 mid day flights on express and I think one was a erj145 to EWR, but the rest are all E175 or CRJ-700, which are fine by me.

Originally Posted by geckoflyer

Express is creeping back in based on where you look on the schedule. Flew IAH-CHS last night and was surprised to see the 739. It went out with a half dozen F seats open and a lightly loaded Y cabin. Was interesting to get “dinner” (I had nuts, a cheese and crackers snack from Y, and a drink before I fell asleep for the rest).
Yeah, my 739 flights had empty F seats but the econ was 90% full, the 319/320 flights I was on had no F seats empty, plenty on upgrade list and only 1-2 upgrades, so that is encouraging, although I don't remember timing, weekends etc. I can't imagine us supporting a 739 full time, maybe a 737 or 319/320.

To all, no I hadn't had a chance to look farther out in the schedule, I was just hoping they would stay