FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - O'Hare to Union Station in Chicago
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2018, 2:06 pm
jebr

Originally Posted by acrollet
The blue line goes directly to union station from ORD, leaves every 8 minutes and takes just under an hour from station to station. I've done it before and it's quite easy.
Is it fully connected now? Last time I was there (which was a couple years ago) it still required about a two-block walk to the Clinton station, and there's no elevators to get up or down, and I think the closest entrance/exit doesn't have escalators either. It's still convenient, but with a lot of luggage there's a few hurdles. Jackson may be easier to get up/down in, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

For me, the most convenient option is the North Central Service from Metra. It leaves right from Union Station and stops at O'Hare Transfer. There's a couple more transfers at O'Hare, but they're generally easier and compatible with luggage (there's a transfer from Metra to the airport shuttle bus, and then a transfer from the shuttle bus to the Airport Transit System, but in my opinion those are easier than the walk from Union Station to the Blue Line and then walking to your terminal from the Blue Line station. The only downfall is that it only runs on weekdays, and the frequency isn't great (only every couple hours.) Still, if given the choice I'd rather do that than walk to the Blue Line and deal with luggage on the Blue Line.

https://metrarail.com/sites/default/...ntral_serv.pdf