FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recommend a Wyndham Property in New York
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2018, 7:19 am
Billy Mumphrey

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DaveH
Billy, I take it you were able to directly book a suite for 15,000 points? That's quite a deal!

I just booked a double double "2 Double Beds, Metro View Room, Non-Smoking" room, running $368 before taxes / fees during our 2-night, late October stay. I'm not sure what the difference between this and the "2 Double Beds, Metro Room, Non-Smoking" room is, other than that that room would be $332. No suites were available for Go Free awards.

I am Diamond, so should be entitled to suite upgrades if available, and a visitor's amenity (for Go Free Diamond guests). Anyone know what those offerings are like?

The recent tripadvisor reviews on this property are strong, so this seems like a good use of points. I was surprised to see that bookings for next weekend, May 11-13, are running only $140 a night.
Yes, the room type I booked was "premium queen suite". Some of these suites have large balconies (as shown above) and king size beds, and they were able to get us into one of these room types at check-in (perhaps because my wife checked in early). The total with taxes for our weekend stay was $600/night for the same room type, however I never use my Wyndham points for redemptions at less than 4 cents per point.