FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Southeast Asia for a few weeks?
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2018, 1:12 am
chinmoylad
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by SFOwantToFly
I’m going to Southeast Asia for ~25 days, starting from SIN and I plan to hit Bali. I’m looking for some feedback on my plan for Bali. I’m also hoping to get some suggestions of other areas in the region (~3-5 hour flight) worth visiting. I’ve been to HKG and SIN before and had a blast. I was considering Taipei since there is a music festival there I was considering going to but I’d be willing to bail on that for something better. I’m looking for places (have about 8 days to use) that are luxurious, great for memories, or a wow factor; not really looking for another beach / resort place. Its just me going solo on this trip.

Currently for Bali my plan is:
7 days in Bali at Amandari and Amankila. I’ve never stayed at an Aman but from the threads it seems like Aman is a lot better than FS, STR and Chedi Club etc. I’m not sure If I should try to add Amanjiwo to the list with the amount of time I have, or if something else should get added / removed. Looking to spend <750 a night (somewhat flexible).

Thanks for any advice.
I like Amandari, but I reckon you'd be better off dropping it and swapping in the Chedi Club, and also a big YES to Amanjiwo.

If preferred, you could also skip staying at Ubud entirely and do a day visit from Amankila and choose to work it in that way instead.