FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help to check BA seat availability and BA flight loads
Old May 6, 2018, 1:00 pm
Pilot37

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by stephem
I have access to EF so I know the current state of fare buckets for this flight, and can also see from searches on BA.com that there is no award space currently, but hoping someone can help me an understanding of whether BA might open award space in either main cabin or front cabin as the flight approaches.

The flight is FSC-LHR on Sunday June 3. currently shows J9 C5 D2 R0 I0 Y9 B9 H9 K4 M0 L0 V0

We will be in Corsica for a few days and I already have an award ticket for my wife on June 4 LHR-SEA in F that I could add this FSC-LHR flight to instead of having to either buy it or fly on Easyjet into LGW. Adding that first EU segment would also reduce APD on the award ticket by about $170. The award is with AAdvantage miles and I am EXP status so I could add this on at the last minute but trying to make sure I have an insurance plan for backup to get to London at some point on Sunday.

Right now EasyJet is about $170, BA is about $350. The way I look at it is I buy the EasyJet ticket as insurance and then if BA opens space I get a $170 reduction in APD and just toss the EasyJet ticket.

Curious what people think the odds are that BA will open anything more in either cabin on this route?
Obviously nobody can speak with absolute authority on whether BA will open reward seats, but given those loads a month out from departure and the fact it appears to only be a once a week flight, I’d be very surprised if they open any reward seats up. I don’t have a crystal ball, but just my opinion.

Pilot37