FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Chicago Plans To Take On UA/AA/WN In Battle For Business Travelers
Old May 6, 2018, 12:05 pm
schley

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by sbm12
Which is what SurfAir does. That's considered a Commuter operator, not scheduled service.

Given that I suggested it would be Scheduled Charter or Commuter service, and now you seem to agree with that, I'm not really sure where the confusion is. Other than it being very different from what La Compagnie offers, the analogous option you raised previously.

I would bet against on-demand service at these prices.
The confusion isn't with me, it apparently was with you and not sure why.

You can operate a part 135 with a schedule, outside of any on -demand. I am not saying anything different than I have previously, just clarifying what your confusion was. The official FAA definition of a commuter is a scheduled operation of at least “5 round trips per week on at least one route between two or more points according to the published flight schedule.” So perhaps that is your confusion I don't know buddy.

Again talking about La Compangnie I didn't say Air Chicago was like La Compagnie, I was referring to another poster who said they didn't see the market because it wasn't international. That is it.

I said there are companies like La Compagnie that have city to city service internationally. La Compagnie pricing model is different as it needs to be with transatlantic passenger travel.

Thus I'm glad you are agreeing with me and if you don't I'm sorry I can't be more clear than I already have been.