FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are you trying to complete 25 stays before August 1st 2018?
Old May 6, 2018, 1:18 am
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
From what I understood if we're not Platinum (or whatever) by August 1st then our status would depend on the number of nights completed by Dec 31st. My assumption is based on the emphasis they made on how you could combine both Starwood and Marriott nights by the end of the year.

Besides, will they keep tracking stays after August 1st? Hyatt did away with them when they made the switch.

I can see how this could get problematic if in December you're claiming you had 25+ stays but some of them occurred after the August 1st and the Marriott website is the one doing the counting.
This has been made clear that if you do 25 stays in SPG properties by 12/31/18, you will be PLT. See kaisen7's post, above, for the quote. This was brought up in The Points Guy's interview with the head of MR (an SPG guy,) and other places and even if there is an IT glitch, should be easy to sort out.