FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Paris Le Grand or IC Amstel Amsterdam on Ambassador Certificate
Old May 5, 2018, 11:01 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by agarwaga
Hi, I am planning a family holiday (with infant) to Paris and Amsterdam in the month of Sept. I am an Ambassador Gold, and would like to use my Weekend BOGO certificate on this trip. Which one would you recommend in terms of experience (once in a lifetime type) / Location / Ambassador friendly etc? I am aware that both these hotels are very expensive and to keep budgets in control, apart from these 2 nights at IC, I plan to redeem my points at Holiday Inns / Crown Plazas. Will also appreciate recommendations for Holiday Inns / Crown Plaza in both cities. Thanks a lot in advance.
Paris-LG has a club-lounge (unlike Amstel) so you may want to boomk a club room on bogo. You get lounge then both the paid+free night, plus a nicer room under +1cat Amb upograde. Personally I'd use bogo for PLG Club room booking as an Ambassador

PLG is the top rate 70k/night, Amstel less.. If no in-demand event in Paris then IC Amstel is usually a bit costlier in cash terms something like ratio of v400euro v 300euro

For Amsterdam, you could also use points at Kimpton (originally CP until reopened Apr2017), mainly for the location 1000m from central station, 500m from Danrak, easy access to trams to Leidseplein, Museumplein, Rembrandtplein

Alas all the Amsterdam IHG hotels increased points rates in Jan2018. The HI + HIE at Bijlmer are nice and new, the CP Zuid is also a nice hotel. Alas as IHG @Rewards Gold, not due an upgrade, unike Plat+Spire status.