FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Getting to/from _____ in the Los Angeles area" thread
Old May 4, 2018, 1:28 am
JBD

Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay
I'll be flying in on a Friday afternoon, so let's just get this out of the way: yes, I'll probably be stuck in hellish rush hour + beginning of the weekend traffic; can't be helped. I also have zero desire to rent a car and deal with said traffic after spending 8 hours flying, so, what are my best options for getting from the airport to the city (Beverly Hills, specifically)?

I know there are some shuttles that run from the airport to the city. Are they a good value proposition, and which one would you recommend?

Is a taxi going to break the bank? What about Lyft, especially if I do the Lyft Line option and share the ride?

EDIT: my hotel the first night is actually in Beverly Hills; I had a brain freeze moment and wrote Hollywood at first.
Thanks in advance for the help.
I saw your post in the SPG Forum's SLS thread. If the SLS is your Beverly Hills hotel where you're spending your first night, know that it's on BH's far eastern edge, on La Cienega.

If you go by cab/Lyft/Uber I'd tell the driver to "take La Cienega" and avoid the freeway. (Pronounced La See-en-eh-ga)