FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lisbon Marriott, Portugal [Master Thread]
Old May 4, 2018, 1:13 am
Steve_19
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
My wife and I stayed at the Marriott Lisbon for four nights over this past Easter. I had stayed at the hotel in 2014 and decided to stay again as I thought the price was not bad and hotel was decent enough.

One major disadvantage is that the hotel is not centrally located. It is close to the airport but to get downtown one needs to cab it. Thankfully however cabs are not so expensive in Lisbon. In theory there is public transportation from the hotel to city center, but hard to get to on foot (at least was our experience).

Since I was here last, the executive lounge was moved to the ground floor. Lounge was so-so in general. As a gold member we ate breakfast there (not offered to use restaurant) and the offerings were OK. No cooked to order dishes however. Also the lounge got to be a bit busy. Evening selection was a bit on the small side, but what was offered was of good quality.

The room itself was a bit dated, but I did not feel it was in urgent need of a refresh.

The hotel has a large number of rooms for conferences and when I was last here was very busy with a large group in town. Thankfully this time it was not the case, but the hotel seems to be normally busy as several flight crews stay at the hotel.

In general I would not have any complaints about the hotel, but nothing to commend it on as well. Some pictures from our visit: https://www.thetravelingexpats.com/r...arriott-hotel/