FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sensible attire/luggage?
View Single Post
Old Jul 1, 2004, 9:15 pm
KIR@GCM

Programs: AA member since 1990 (lifetime PLT/OWS)
Easy Answer...

Originally Posted by Viajero
1. What would be the minimum level of attire you would consider sensible, for a male on a non-business trip, traveling on a RTW for a month or so, in D or A, wishing to feel comfortable and not "out of place", both in the air and in the lounges?

2. How would you describe the "best" set of luggage? I would like to limit my luggage to carry-on only, and to stay well within OW regulations at the same time. In other words, what's a perfectly safe (regulations) and sensible (comfort) combination for hand luggage?

Many thanks for all answers
1. ZARA. I find that they have a great selection of casual clothes that are both comfortable and stylish.

2. 20-22" carry-on bag and a Rak-gear daypack for my electronics and anything fragile that I collect enroute.

This combination was ideal for a DONE4 during the month of February, which covered both frigid and tropical climates within a 3 week period. However, due to my tendency of buying souvenirs for friends and family, the daypack weighed nearly as much as my carry-on bag by the end of the trip!