Thread: Starwood Lurker
View Single Post
Old May 3, 18, 9:16 am
GoPhils

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by RogerD408 View Post
Actually, the Starwood name will continue until the end of 2018. They have stated they won't have a new name for the program until sometime in 2019.

I'm just hope the Lurkers will be kept and their involvement with FT continues. MR pretty much disappeared from FT years ago to start Marriott Insiders. Some FTers are on both and will crosspost or link interesting threads here. I'm not interested in dealing with MI and trying to determine what is an individual comment vs marketing hype.
Yeah, I was almost going to post a similar thread on the MR board. It's interesting that even with the recent announcements, Starwood Lurker still has been much more active than any MR representative on the MR board. I would have thought either Starwood Lurker would disappear or there would actually be a similar presence on the MR forum. I see "Marriott Rewards Insider" just registered in April for the announcement, and posted a couple times but hasn't posted since 4/19. I guess they forgot the password to "Marriott Concierge" who hasn't posted for over a year.