FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Routes 04/25/18
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2018, 1:51 pm
RWPrincess

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by tphuang
unfortunately, they only have 1 gate there, so any kind of expansion is hard. They recently had to cut on JFK flights in order to allow for 2 additional flights to BOS. Maybe they will get one more gate after the ORD makeover. Also, I heard they tried to get a second gate, but the schedule they put in wasn't deemed to be enough. My guess is they are at the point where 1 gate is too squeezed, but they are not ready to add enough flight to fully utilize 2 gates. I think it will happen though. If the recent BOS adds go well, they maybe willing to add a couple of more flights next year and have a second gate.
ORD traffic tends to be very seasonal. Last month they only had 2 JFK flights running daily. This month they have 5 daily(mostly A320s) as they usually do for the Summer months so they had to have pulled back on something else.

As I said in my previous post, when I flew in last month, they were using 3 gates at once which I've never seen before. I've seen them use 2 but never 3.

I really do hope they make this work at some point soon. It's such a pain to have to fly WN or someone else if I'm connecting from Chicago.