FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Former SSRs: the Baltics, Belarus and Back
Old May 1, 2018, 2:14 pm
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
Feldkirch, Austria

Before long, it was time to catch the bus to Feldkirch, Austria. There was no border check or any other formalities and surprisingly little indication that we were entering a different country. The only real indication was the presence of a disused former immigration checkpoint on the road into Austria.

Overall, Feldkirch was a fairly pretty town and it was a LOT more lively than Vaduz. Definitely a lot more going on here, though it's not a large town by any definition.

The aforementioned midday snack purchased from Brezelkonig at Zurich HB. It was a seriously tasty pretzel, but absolutely slathered in butter. I like butter as much as the next fella, but I don't know how anyone can maintain any semblance of a waistline if they eat these things regularly. I gave up after eating a quarter of this butter-laden creation.

On the bus heading back toward Buchs (via Liechtenstein), then onward to Sargans on a separate bus. Then I had to catch my train from Sargans to Zurich HB. The SBB Saver Day Pass really was a good buy.

Heck of a view from the Buchs bus terminal.

Back on the train to Zurich