FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX - SIN Mileage Run
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2018, 2:03 pm
tstauck

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Reporting back on my LAX-SIN mileage run 4/28 - 4/30. 11pm depart LAX, 7:30am arrive SIN, 10am depart SIN, 10am arrive LAX. I had a whole 2 hours in the airport but made the best use of it!

- I was able to check in and get my return boarding pass in LAX. So no need to stop by the transfer station in SIN.

- Flight there arrived 15 mi early and arrives in T2, as people mentioned it would. The only downside of leaving in the dark from LAX and going west, it was dark out almost the entire 18 hours of the flight. Immediately went to the SilverKris lounge in T2 and had no issues grabbing a quick shower. 3 showers I saw and two were open when I arrived.

- Took the train to T3 and it only took a few minutes. Checked out the Butterfly garden and some of the shops. Beautiful airport.

- Took the train back to T2 and saw the Sunflower garden, a few other indoor gardens, and more shops. Then back to the gate 45 min before departure.

- In SIN, they screen again at the gate. So any water purchased had to be thrown out - FYI.

- Trip back also arrived about 15 min early. No issues at customs, although an interesting note especially with the Polaris lounge coming, after customs you're back outside security. So not sure how to access UC or the upcoming PL after your flight without going back through security?

Thanks again everyone for your recommendations - it was a long but cool trip. I had mentioned to the FA's about the mileage run and how it will almost get me to 1 million, and the pilots came over after we landed and introduced themselves, thanked me for my loyalty, and said congratulations. Nice touch!
- Tom