FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Agent inadvertently cancelled my booking.
Old May 1, 2018, 11:04 am
DrSE

Programs: LH*HON, UA*1K,
BA Agent inadvertently cancelled my booking.

Hey,

I. I had a booking from US to CAI from 2017 however I had a long stopover in Berlin (4 month) I was due to fly Today 1st of May 2018 TXL-LHR-CAI.

As it was a flex Biz Ticket I called BA 1st of April and asked if I could fly on the 12th of April. She put the 2 new flight Segments into the booking and 6 days later I got a quote that it would cost 25 GBP. However at this point I didn't want to fly on the 12th anymore so we agreed on leaving the booking as it was.

II. Yesterday I wanted to check in and no booking was found. I called the German Callcenter and after 1-hour they came to me quite honest and said that this agent obviously left the flights for the 12th inside the booking even tough no ticket was issued the compute-system thought I had a no show and cancelled the entire booking on the 12th without me noticing.

III. They apologized many times but! They had no seats for today in business class - they where actually oversold - available so they offered me to fly premium economy. But no one could tell me what my compensation would be. They also refused to rebook me on Egyptair or Lufthansa or any other airlines. Pretty bad service for BA Gold + Biz Ticket. I had a long talk to the Customer Service and ended up booking a Lufthansa Ticket to CAI for 1st of may in Biz which is at 2100 Euro because I dont wanted to fly PE and get like a 200 GBP compensation. They had a talk with the legal team and they will see after if they MIGHT give me any refund on this.

First of all I am shocked how inflexible they where with rebooking me. Also I think its a very unique and typical thing for the aviation industry to tell the passenger: "take it or dont" no one could tell me if I get any refund or compensation or anything they just left me alone.

What do you guys thing, any experience like that? Any recommendations how to proceed here?

I also think I am entitled to delay compensation because LH arrives 3h15 min later than BA.