FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old May 1, 2018, 6:07 am
UA-NYC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Quite obviously it is easier to hit $20,000 USD in spend when you are staying at more expensive hotels. Quite obviously a property with a Butler team that caters to luxury demanding consumers are better set up with executing special favors. The PDG in Paris obviously would be better set up doing something extraordinary that a Fairfield in the middle of Oklahoma.

Why the outrage at BHRubin? He is stating the obvious to me, which somehow you fail to get. That does not make a luxury hotel consumer better or more profitable (I have written before that a Courtyard customer might be more profitable than a highly demanding STR customer).

And based on your travel patterns you post here, you don't care about the thread count of sheets. Some of us do. Or like being welcomed. I am not saying you are bad or low but your expectations/ wants fit a Fairfield customer more than a STR one.
Amen to all that...the level of dismissiveness & jealously in this thread is pretty sad.

I have not been bhrubin-satisfied over the years, but nor have I had major complaints. I usually get a suite on all my "important trips" (aka vacations). Almost always get a F&B welcome gift. For my birthday in properties I have been sent travel bags, a travel book, etc. Received a bucket of craft beer one time, that was pretty sweet. Best one was an invite to a Prince Harry charity event when he was in the US years ago. Have received some other interesting invites to SPG Moments-type activities for free, couldn't do some of them due to work travel though.

I still book my own travel or through my TA for work, as I'm just used to it and don't like needing to wait. But my AMB has also helped arrange transit to/from properties, given me advice close-in on which properties in a market had the best chance of a SNA clearing, helping out w/early check-in even when Y24 failed.

Note I'm not a bhrubin-level revenue driver (and thus he deserves all the perks he gets)...I typically do ~80 paid nights a year, $210 ADR lifetime average. So even a more standard Ambassador guest can get great service & perks.

I will miss the service going forward.