Old Apr 30, 18, 11:47 am
CPRich
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT PLT, AA LT PLT, HH GLD, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by j1194 View Post
Right, but what's the point then? I can book my own rooms much faster than a phone call.
Did you expect that an Ambassador would be faster to book a property than typing in a city, dates, and "Search" online?

I've heard others have sent a "please book a room at XX on these dates..." but it never occurred to me to give up control and try to communicate all of my preferences via email/phone rather than just doing it myself.

Originally Posted by j1194 View Post
If I wanted to talk to someone I could call AMEX Plat concierge or Sapphire Reserve concierge.
How could they help you find the construction status of the Sheraton Port Douglas when the completion date continued to be pushed closer and closer to your travel date?

What exactly were you expecting?

As noted above, multiple times, a single point of contact for odd situations, problems, specific requests, is what I expected. When I had a layover night in MIA but was going to try to go standby the night before, I reached out to my Ambassador. She told me not to worry about the cancellation deadline - if I was able to catch a stand-by evening flight, I'd be fine. Those are the scenarios where I expected/appreciated the extra help, not booking a room faster.