FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:38 pm
JoeDaejeon

Originally Posted by sol95
Thanks. Honestly, I was considering moving my earned miles to another program after I got to Diamond Plus Lifetime, but never got around to deciding. There's not a whole lot of difference by way of published benefits between Platinum and Diamond Plus Lifetime, but we'll see how it pans out over the next few trips.
I'm interested to hear if there are any unpublished benefits to Platinum. I'll likely reach Platinum later this year, but it's always nice to know what I can be expecting.

I too was considering concentrating more of my flying/earning elsewhere, such as with KE, after reaching Lifetime DP. But I always seem to have too many disappointments with KE. Finally I decided to simply give them a miss except when there's no reasonable alternative. So at this point I simply don't care if I ever accumulate enough KE miles to become lifetime. Based in Korea, One World doesn't have good options to the places I typically fly to, so it doesn't make sense for me to change to a OW carrier either. So even after reaching Platinum, I plan to continue with OZ and Asiana Club. And hopefully there will be some hidden benefits that make that choice more worthwhile. But even if not, I'm very satisfied with OZ at least 99% of the time.

If there is any information about Platinum, perhaps it would be nice to start a new thread, being information in this thread are easily lost or difficult to find.