View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:31 pm
Dublin_rfk

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by PushingTin
That is an odd hobby...
Second try to post.
It's not quite a hobby.
I have from time to time been called on to perform a bit of 'magic' when someone gets in over their head. I have involved with food service at levels. From providing a rustic gourmet meal for 6 adults on a training session around a campfire to a ‘chow’ line to 200 six course meals with separate seating. Using ideas I gleaned from the tour I have reduced my stress load when working.
I found the tour at Chelsea Food Service to be informative. Industrial food service (ie; anonymous full meals) is a niche field. The ability to provide a large number on-demand full meals consistently day in and day out is an accomplishment.
That said, in all my years of eating airline (and airport) food I have yet to be poisoned or even bring back up my meal. OH there have been a fair number of I’ll ‘choke it down I’m hungry’ meals but overall almost everyone was more than edible.
The problems at Chelsea Food in Denver are regrettable, but in the end only possibly avoidable, listeria outbreaks are extremely difficult to control as they are not immediately discovered.