FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Air and Hotel Package- Redeem now or later?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:33 am
davidsc111

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I don't think it's worth the bad blood. The fact is that the certificate allows you to redeem for a stay that would be worth 150k points. If you ended up getting only 45K back you probably won't even get two nights at a property you were considering using the cert for. I suspect they will either take the hit and refund that equivalent point value to create goodwill, allowing people to use the points that a cert redemption would have been worth under the old categories, or the cert will be converted to be worth that amount but only redeemable against a seven night stay, which fulfills the 7 night condition that Marriott has held onto so dearly.
sorry, I misunderstood the question... I'm sure it will be converted to something of more or equal value after 08/01... I was talking about if you did it now. As someone said, 45k sounds about right on a 270K package where you recieved 100k airline miles. However, I would doubt that MR will allow them to be redeposited at a better rate than right now though...that would be nice though.