FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2018 edition
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2018, 7:24 am
CKBA

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Mountlodge
I had this a couple of years back in the AA lounge at LAX. a very loud American guy seemed to want everyone to know about this deal he pulled off. I would have thought being Americans someone in the lounge would have gone over and told him to turn it down. So, I sat two seats from the guy, and got my Dictaphone out, (Yes some of us still use these things), switched it on, recorded him for a couple of minutes, downloaded it to my laptop, then with the laptop volume at 100% played back his conversation. Got a ... look from the guy, and gestured to him my spare cheapo in-ear headphones. So, he gets his own one's out (looked like Bose), puts them on but what was worse was he was still talking loudly (I think even by Americans standard). So, I turned the Dictaphone back on again and I still have the WMA file stored on an old laptop. Maybe I should upload it?
ML
It's even better when they're doing a credit card transaction - reading out aloud the #, expiry, cvv, address, etc.... could have really ruined their day.