FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Colombia dental tourism
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:05 am
sacramento73

Programs: None
Originally Posted by thebug622
In my case I really have little choice,because as I stated in a earlier post the cost of having a bridge or implants is unaffordable to me and I have dental insurance but they will cover $2000 max.I have learned that medical/dental care can be spotty here in the USA as well as foreign lands.Best a consumer can do is ask questions check out the operation for a professional attitude and cross your fingers
I completed Dental School in 1993 in Manizales Colombia, now here in the States , did my P.h.D and now I teach and complete research. But when i find good cases and people who's can not afford the overpriced dentistry in the US, I travel to Colombia do clinical work for the over there. My opinion is that in Colombia AS in the United States are good and bad practitioners, The fact that you have your work completed in the US it is not warranty of quality, I had seem terrible things here and there, My advise is to complete a whole through search and hopefully got refereed by a person who already have an experience with the subject, also try to inform your self about brands and type of materials, PFM crowns are out date they not longer are really need it, Many Dentist in Colombia still use metal ceramic crowns and silver fillings stay away from those, try to look for press porcelain, Empress,Lava or Emax and/or Zirconia crowns, Implants wise in Colombia many Dentist use Brazilian Implants with those in case of a crown or abutment getting loose you will face a challenge to treat the emergency in the US because those implants are not use here and Dentist do carry the tools ( drivers), I recommend you to request Zimmer, Straumman, Biohorizons or 3i, just remember any product that they use should come in a new package with the respective label which inlcude serial and reference number, ask for for those labels with the excuse of having the info in case you need a repair or maintenance when back in the US