FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airpoints Credit Card deals
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:25 pm
paintini

Programs: Airpoints, Qantas, KrisFlyer, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by TraderX
Had pretty heavy spend on Kiwibank airpoints platinum, they were offering 300 APD to new customers, I asked for fee waiver, they said no. I ditched them. Its sad that you have to churn to get the best deal..
I've had many years of KB waiving my Pt card fees and also those of my two children who are additional card holders off mine. As GE, I have no use for the lounge access but the kids use them a lot. Advantage of KB over ANZ; lounge passes are accessible from all card holders.

Needed to get my wife up in the CC status points and her ANZ Pt had lower rate, so applied for a new KP Pt using the AIR 300 promo code. She will get billed $75 but we'll cancel in under six months; net benefit $225. If I get low on CC lounge passes, we'll just move one of the kids to her card to vacuum up some passes as she's *G so also does not need the passes!

My wife does not pay anything with her ANZ Pt card but probably it's just flagged to never get billed. No mortgages with ANZ but decent CM accounts. We don't want to ask why no fees in case it's "fixed".