FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA vs another airline for SFO-HKG monthly roundtrips?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 3:36 pm
Dan Weber

I fly this route fairly often and will be on it next week. I have also flown most of the Asian carriers in business. I like the schedule departing from Hong Kong, on Cathay, (same from Seoul on Korean and Asiana) as you can get a full day of work in, take a late flight and be home that night. I don't care about the food - it is good on Singapore and China Air - but it is the seat and comfort that is the primary factor for me. United wins this as a combination of a long seat and the option to use the cooling vents make for a comfortable ride. The seats on Cathay are lacking, while they are great on China, Korean, JAL and EVA. I have not tried the new Singapore seat and did not like the old one as you slept at an angle. Flew the Asiana 380 the other day and was not impressed. In addition, I use my miles for family trips and while there has been devaluations recently, they still work. I hardly ever use my miles on American and Delta.