FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to Manufactured Spending? Start here(2017-2018)
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:02 am
Klemhuzzah

Originally Posted by dealhunt3r
I've tried reading through this thread, but it's tough to figure out with so many acronyms. My apologies if this is an obvious question! Once I buy the giftcard's from simon, how do you offload them so quickly without losing the benefit of the perks? All of the websites I've found have insanely-low buyback prices (losing like 14-30% gc value).
That last part makes me think you're looking at the wrong gift cards. When people talk about Simon Mall gift cards, they're talking about a prepaid Visa sold by Simon Mall with the Simon Mall name on it. Visit https://www.simon.com/giftcard/ to see what they look like. These liquidate as Mamibear explained.

If you're talking about gift cards like Home Depot, Wendy's, Amazon, etc, I've only seen places where you can sell them for about 85% of face value. There are times when the deal's so good you can still make it work, but I've never bothered. I think there are websites where instead of selling it to the website for 85%, you put it up for sale at the website, set your own price, and then wait. I'm still a newbie working on the low hanging fruit, so I haven't looked at this in detail yet.

Good luck!

PS: looking at my link above, I realize Simon Mall sells both Visa and American Express. You want the card that says "debit" on the front so that you can use it as a debit card. IE, you want Visa not American Express.