FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PHX mini DO Aug 2018
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:11 am
Mountlodge

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by deboyzoned
Not sure ... unless OP intended to have long stay over in MAD and LHR and overnight in JFK :-) Skipping MAD is also cheaper for same TP and shorter layovers
deboyzoned, Teledude. Guys, appreciate the alternative routings and comments. MAD was in the mix as I was intending to go airside for an hour (subject to arrival time), and pick up a birthday present for a friends (she lives in Madrid, her sister lives in SFO) plus a gossip whilst at the airport. As such, its not imperative I go via MAD. Plan is as deboyzoned mentioned as to do an all nighter in New York (get some sleep on the TATL (pre) and Transcon (Post)) in preparation for the night of frolicks an debauchery in PHX). Well ok, maybe not debauchery.

BTW: This is less about a TP run, more to do with my first FT do for more than two years (EDI May 2016), and then 4 days in SFO. That said, the TP's will ensure I'll remain Gold after July 2019.

I'll give both AA, and BA a buzz and if they cant get the route then I'll go with OTP-LHR.............................

Again, appreciate the input.
Thanks
ML