FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gluten Free/Dairy Free/Soy Free/Sugar Free...Please help!
Old Apr 27, 2018, 11:05 pm
susanita3333

Programs: AA LT PLAT - BONVOY PLAT
Gluten Free/Dairy Free/Soy Free/Sugar Free...Please help!

Hello all! Very excited to be visiting Japan for the first time this summer. Because of medical dietary restrictions, I fear my food options may be quite limited. I have a few specific questions & hope this awesome group might be able to help:
  • As I'm soy free, I'm planning to bring my own tamari (if needed.) Does anyone know if its possible to buy bottles or packets of tamari in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka & if so, is it called tamari over there too and where is it available?
  • As I'm dairy free (and love my coffee), does anyone know if sugar free/unsweetened almond milk is available in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka (and if so what is it called and where can I purchase?) If not, would this be something i would be able to bring in with me or would customs confiscate upon arrival?
  • As I'm gluten free, can anyone recommend specific food items that may be available (in grocery stores) or restaurants in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka that have gluten free options?
  • Are there specific grocery stores/shops that might have gluten free sections?
Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.