FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta charged 6,000 dollars to my credit card
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:45 pm
vbjd1111

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by wrong gate again
I called Visa, they said they have 4 charges from Delta in the last 30 minutes, at slightly over $1,500 each. The numbers on my card are perfectly fine. Visa agreed there is something wrong with 4 identical charges, so they offered to credit 3 of them back to me.
Doesn't this indicate that something is potentially wrong with Visa's processing rather than Delta's system? It seems like Delta submitted the charges (as they are in Visa's system) but Visa reported the charge did not go through. Why is this Delta's fault?

I waited a few days, checked my Visa account online, and I see my "balance" has gone up by $6,000. There are 4 pending Delta charges of $1,500 and 3 pending credits of $1,500.
Again, I thought Visa told you they were going to credit 3 of them back (apparently not cancel them?). So this sounds consistent with what you were told the first time, except if you have three credits of $1,500 each and four charges of $1,500 each how did your balance go up that amount?
Also, I often see pending charges on my cards in the improper amount that get checked and corrected over a day or two. Has that happened with your charges?

Today I called the Delta Diamond desk, and . . . I never succeeded in talking to anyone who can issue refunds or even view transactions.
A refund for what? You called Visa, they cancelled the charges (or at least most of them). Isn't that the most effective approach?