FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight cancelled due to AF strike, is it possible to keep the same class?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:13 pm
CarmenOM

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by feds99
Hey all,
An update for you:

Just got off the phone with Delta - they were automatically going to rebook me in C+ on a DL flight the day BEFORE the cancelled flight.
I asked if I could fly the date as originally scheduled but connect in AMS to ensure I get a Premium Select cabin, as flyerCO suggested.
The agent wasn't sure that was allowed because AF calls their PS cabin "Premium Economy", which caused some confusion for her because it "sounds" like C+.
So she called her support desk and they confirmed it is indeed a PS fare, and so they were able to rebook me on a DL flight to AMS in PS.
It's not the amazing direct Dreamliner AF flight with Premium Economy I was anticipating, but I'll take it over a C+ any day!

Thanks all!
The AF PE seats get mixed reviews, although I don’t know whether that applies to the Dreamliner. You may find that the DL PS seat is better anyway. The other Delta partner with Premium Economy seats from the US to Europe is VS. I can attest that their PE is very comfortable.