FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airport Upgrade and Standby Priority List (“PALL”) Order (master thread)
Old Apr 27, 2018, 11:08 am
wetrat0

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by miadukes
So another question, what do I do if I see an I seat, does this mean then I can do a confirmed change instead? ( I haven't seen that option come up)

Do you typically present yourself to the agent and let them know you are there (i would totally be ok with a Y seat) Its only a short hop and I booked the first class ticket because it was actually cheaper than Economy knowing I could do standby.
Should I let her/him know I would be ok with a Y ticket as well?

Sorry for all the questions, I have been reading up and trying to learn all the ins and outs of this but still figuring it out.
Assuming you want to be proactive (as opposed to just waiting for them to call your name), approach the GA with a smile and at a time when they don't seem super busy and say something like "I see I am number 1 on the standby list. I have a first class ticket, can you tell me what my chances are?" The response will probably be either "I'm going to clear you in just a moment" or "You'll need to wait until the end of bearding to see if someone no-shows". If in the second situation, they will probably ask you at that point if you are ok with Y. If they don't you could volunteer that information and then you will again get one of the aforementioned responses (depending on whether there are open seats).