FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airport Upgrade and Standby Priority List (“PALL”) Order (master thread)
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:34 am
AAExecPlatFlier

Programs: AA EP
I believe that standbys will be processed based on elite level first. So if an EP wants to go standby for First, they would clear ahead of you. As u are standby for First, u should clear into F before any upgrades. If for some reason there isn’t any F left, the agent should ask you if you will tie a Y seat.

Anytime that I have stood by with an I ticket, I have always cleared into F and was processed before any upgrade requests.

Alos keep checking EF to see if an I seat drops in.

Originally Posted by miadukes
New to the Gold status and to standby bought I had a question. I bought a ticket for tomorrow afternoon, Fare Code I - first, this is a short domestic. I logged on today to do standby for an earlier flight as confirmed seats weren't available. My name is showing first on the standby list and I also went on expertflyer and signed up but can't really make sense of it *yet*.
Question is, since my name appears first, does this mean I will be the first to clear and when would I know? I plan on arriving to airport for that flight anyway just in case. Does it matter that I have an *I* ticket, i have no problem taking a coach seat if it meant I can leave on that flight (its like a 30 min trip). or would they pass me up on the list since there is only one seat showing left in first?

eta: does the order of the standby list matter ??