FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:44 am
JBord

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mvitale
That's how I was reading it, yes. Because you stated that you lack the points for any LT status under Marriott's current program, you would qualify under the new program as LT Gold by virtue of 7+ years of Gold status and 400+ nights.

-mvitale
So, if it's based on elite level and not nights stayed...

...if I were Platinum, with 50 nights per year, for 9 years with Starwood, I would only need 1 more year for LT Platinum in the program, but since I was in the Marriott program, I need to start over?

I know that's a rhetorical question until Marriott provides some clarification, but I've read it the way you have as well, and that's what confuses and concerns me. I'm not suggesting SPG'ers should get Gold, I'm suggesting we should all get credit for Platinum years, as that would be consistent with the new direction. In all honesty, I don't think I have 10 years of business travel left in me, so that would cause me to cut all ties with Marriott, as LT Gold (old program) was the reason I have the credit card and have stayed fiercely loyal. I can't make up the points I need this year, so there's no chance of getting it at conversion. Just doesn't seem well thought-out, IF it's based on status level and not nights.