FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First first - middle seats?
View Single Post
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:54 am
JamieG

First first - middle seats?

Hi, I have had a good read of the A380 seat thread and posted but wondered whether I might get more of a look in here. Original post copied below, the main question I'm keen to hear thoughts on is the middle seats if F and the ease of talking to your travel partner. Wondering whether to switch back or stay in a window seat, thanks

Hi All,

First time poster here (though as with others, I have been lurking around for a couple of months). Fairly new to the avios game - around 18 months. Have only flown CW a few times, never first. My partner and I have managed to accumulate around 220k avios and have been lucky to snap up a reward LHR-SIN return and using 241 late November for 8 days. Out in F and back in J. Incredibly excited as both are on the A380 - which having been checking regularly for a while, seems fairly fortunate on this route.

Auto selected 2EF for the outbound trip, but have moved to 2A, 3A instead for now. Having read good reviews on these, we will probably eat together but then happy to have/do our own thing. However, I'm toying with switching back to middle seats given mostly dark/night flight so not overly fussed about window and means we can converse more. Am I right in thinking this is challenging as requires a good lean forward to see the other person, being very different to CW middle seats and with a big gap. Open cabin at the mo (of course except 1AK) so the choice is ours. Any advice?

Returning CW, again a lot of choice, it put us in 50JK, however again have moved based on reviews on this thread, to 51AB. Not overly fussed about the climbing over, given probably 80% of seats are currently showing as available, what would you recommend for a couple? I like the sound of staying on UD where a bit quieter and have also only done the middle pair before rather than a window pair. So would be good to try that. Might be nice for me (the window seat hogger) to have something like 53k so no climb over, but have read this row gets a lot of galley noise. If you had all seats available, what would you go for as a couple?

Thanks!