FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First new security filter operational at AMS
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:48 pm
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Another stellar experience at T1 priority security this morning.

Well, to be fair, there was a lot good going on.
  • There was next to no line in priority
  • Agents were making use of lines 3 and 4 as Priority, only granting overflow access to non-prio as available
  • The amount of lecturing was very limited, agents in priority lines finally getting the memo that the person in front of you with that Privium/Gold/Platinum card probably knows the rules
All that unfortunately overshadowed by the fact that I was very literally stuck at line 2 for almost 10 minutes, it got so bad, I was just about to grab my things and switch to line 1. Almost every bag got sent to secondary, it getting so bad that I didn't even get a box dispensed. Virtually all of them were in secondary, queued up all the way into the x-ray scanner.
Seems that it got slightly better after positions were rotated, but I still watched about half of all trays going to secondary while waiting for my stuff (luckily, I got to walk away without further delay). At the same time, only about two trays went to secondary from the other scanner...
I imagine for the poor Asian girl who was at the scanner before me and had a bag sent to secondary the difference between being sent left or right must have been at least 15 minutes. One more reason I can't wait for airside Privium lounge for Schengen.