FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gibraltar Diversion
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:05 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Qwerty112345
Thanks. Group taxi either way. Looking at a Saturday morning flight (I’m assuming the border will not be too bad late morning) into Gib which is convenient for our group.

I’m actually no worse off if the plane diverts to Malaga, provided I can collect my hold luggage and leave the airport there. But can I do that? Or will I / the luggage be forced to take the airline’s replacement bus to Gib?
I would think you will have to go thru C&I at AGP regardless of where your final destination is as long as you werent starting from another Shergen Country. I did a NY-MAD-AGP on IB and didnt see my bag till AGP where it was separated from those flying MAD-AGP and we had to claim it in a different area and go thru Customs. So if you are flying from non-Shergen and end up in AGP Id imagine you would have to get your bag in the same area I had to, then once you have them whats to stop you from simply going on your merry way. HOWEVER, if theres an official rechecking in you dont do that then Id assume your return portion (if any) will be CXed. I would go as if Im gonna take the bus and see what occurs to the others, if they simply put their bags into the bus and no one is checking them off any list, then you might simply walk away