FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:58 pm
msm2000uk
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by onobond
Found your post from 10 days ago here . Your link above is for the complete thread. (Hint: Click on the post # in upper right corner to get it as a single post)

Having done the LAX-PTY run some times, I would have hesitated to do so many segments with shortish connections when there is a departure to catch in the end. The weakest link in your itenerary is the 33 min connex in Philly. In early July it would be unusual with weather disruptions in that region, but a late departure from LAX, and gates not immediately close, you might find the gate closed for your RDU flight. Normal arrival and you'll be fine, but having a later departure to RDU will compromise the connection in DCA, as the layover here is 47 min, and the next flight from RDU arrives half an hour later.

To play it safer, I would personally try to change the order of the stop-overs on July 6, maybe exchange TPA with MCO and stay the night there (lots of reasonable priced hotels close to the airport, free shuttles) Start next morning with AA2657 at 08.55 and trying out the new Boeing 737MAX 8 (there is an earlier flight with the same aircraft type, but F seats seems unavailable)

A variation on this theme found here , leaving you time for a shower in PHL after a redeye flight
I have a 30min connection at CLT, as well as a 40min connection at JAX - if I miss either of those, the entire trip would need a massive work around!

Still, I'm almost hoping for it, so I can have the ORC, and get some proper sleep!

I've also got a 43min connection at SFO which should be entertaining (albeit that's part of a separate ticket, so not concerned)

M